Prior to declaring the AGPM major, students must complete the following four Major Qualification courses with a grade of "C"or better (these courses can also be taken as Pass / No Pass):
1. ARTG 80H, History of Digital Games (PE-T)
2. ARTG 80I, Foundations of Play (PE-H)
3. CMPM 80K, Foundations of Video Game Design
4. CMPS 12B/M, Introduction to Data Structures/Laboratory*
*Note: CMPS 12B/M has computer science and mathematics prerequisites that are not considered in the major declaration process. Grades in these courses are not considered for qualification.
• Students receiving a C-, D+, D, D-, F or NP in one of the major qualification courses or associated labs may only declare once they have passed the same or equivalent course or lab with a grade of C or better.
• Students need to complete these Major Qualification courses early in their studies so that the petition to major status is accomplished by the end of their sophomore year (if incoming as a frosh), or by the end of their second quarter (if incoming as a Junior Transfer). ↺